Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fixing my Soul

When I became ill and forced into some serious lifestyle changes I became angry and resentful. Not only had my lifestyle changed so did my attitudes. It was hard to face a life changing illness, and I had to find a way to cope to keep myself from drowning in self pity and why me's??My soul was damaged and I had to fix it!

I really didn't know where to begin to start my journey of healing my soul. The truth is I never really thought about it that much, I had my diabetes to deal with, my busy job, sick parents, and a marriage hanging on by a thread, fixing me was at the bottom of the list. Then when I found out I was sick... I mean really sick.It became more clear to me to fix my life I had to repair my soul.

When I left my job and had to sit and try to get well, I had a epiphany I guess you could say, about what I was going to do. I needed some introspection. The good, the bad, and the ugly rehashed to evaluate. Not a pretty proposition, but a necessary one. So I set out in my head to do my soul searching. I found out that this materialistic narcissistic world did not need another negative vibe in it, I chose at that very moment to be as positive as I could of course that started me another journey to discover what it really means to be positive. A topic that proliferates through my blogs and that I strongly believe in.

All that material crap that we worked for all those years, the truck, the house the clothes, the fancy dinners out I mean all that is nice but it doesn't feed your soul. I needed to find that voice deep inside me again and bring it to the surface, and listen to what it was telling me to do.Once I figured out that I was not happy with those things and figured out what was really important my soul began to heal.

I reconnected with long lost family members, and feelings and happiness and just sheer joy. This is the best medicine for your soul..... love! My love of friends and family, and the sense of peace that gives me is amazing, my darkest times have been made easier but just knowing how much love surrounds me. Being able to feel the sun on my face the grass under my toes and love in my heart will keep my soul and me happy, so feed your soul everyday for it has a voracious appetite and if negleted it will die

No comments:

Post a Comment