Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Daddy's Gift

As many of you may know my dad passed recently, and was a registered organ donor. He knew how important the gift of life was, especially after witnessing how it saved my life. Dad wanted to give back in a way to express his gratfullness for the gift I had received. When our family was approached at the hospital by the funeral home director to donate his eyes to the Georgia Eye B
ank we didn't hesitate We knew the importance of this gesture and how amazing it would be to honor his legacy with this incredible gift of sight.

Today as I was heading to a doctor appointment I checked our mail and found a large envelope from the Georgia eye Bank. Inclosed was this beautiful pin (pictured below) that I can wear proudly as a reminder of the gift he had given.

Dad wanted to make a difference and give back to someone in need, just as someone once did for me.
I was honored to help fulfill his wish. Now his eyes see once again and part of him lives on with his incredible gift of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment