Thursday, June 5, 2014

Peace

Today I awoke to a peaceful house, just hearing my dogs gentle slow rhythmic breathing seemed to calm me, and give me a since of peace. I like that I can just be in silence sometimes, you get to hear and see things you normally would overlook. The birds are bit louder the sun a little brighter the grass a bit greener. You get to truly listen.

I often find my quiet time can help me think without distraction, and I do meditation to help me focus on my inner self. This helps me heal and cope with the daily issues that I deal with. Despite any illness or complications or joys my day entails, there lies my reality. I still have a life and household to run. Bills need to be paid, appointments made, grocery shopping, cleaning etc. So being relaxed helps me handle all my tasks for the day and not get overwhelmed.

Each day is new, full of promise with new and familiar experiences that enhance my life. I don't pop out of bed in this zen place, but I try very hard to be there as much as possible. Anger begets hate that leads to stress which leads to anxiety which leads absolutely nowhere. We are not guaranteed a certain amount of time, I have learned mine is precious and I'm certainly don't want to waste mine getting myself into a tizzy.

Take a moment everyday and sit with yourself and get to know who you are. Silence can be a friend to you don't be afraid to hear your true self. You will amaze yourself at how wonderful you are.

1 comment:

  1. Stay in your inner peace. Find that mantra that can bring back to peace in times of stress. Peace out:-)

    ReplyDelete